Friday, October 22, 2010

Red Right Hand


It's been over a week since my last update and the time has passed pretty quickly. I'll do a short recap.

On Friday at work me ad Richard painted all the outside tables under the marquee in the rain. It was cold. Boas gave me a ride home and said we should hang out sometime. I have him my number.

On Saturday and Sunday I worked the bar with David, who told me I did a good job. I can't wait to work in the concert on this Saturday. After work on Sunday me and Sascha went to Helmut's house.

On Monday morning I took a shower. I was drying my hair after the shower when my neck stung like a mf'er and I could barely move my head. I stayed home in bed all day.

On Tuesday my neck was a little better and Sascha gave me a lift to the Eastland mall in Ringwood where I spent a lot of hours and some money too. I went to the movies there.

At work on Wednesday me and Richard worked on Helmut's vines all day. The sun was out, I didn't have sunscreen and now I am a Rock Lobster. We had drinks at Helmut's later and he gave a cupboard for me to take back to our place.

Yesterday was more of the same at work, but I had my tomato picking clothes on and didn't get burned anymore. After work we went to Eastland again. Sascha and Ana wanted to buy a TV and I bought the cheapest portable DVD player. 2 DVDs and a sweatshirt.

Some details. Working with Richard has been a lot of fun. He's a fun, interesting guy and he tells some dirty jokes. It's awesome whether it's raining or the sun is burning hot.

After work on Sunday I was very tired thanks to not sleeping well all week and didn't feel like going to Helmut's. If Sascha bad asked me how I was one more time I would've screamed. But when I saw the hospitable host who offered me a wink and a coke I felt so much better.

We sat outside and took in the incredible views (and our drinks) of Yarra Valley before Helmut's wife, Nicky, and youngest child five month old Isabella aka Littlefoot arrived. We moved inside and continued talking. We talked about the restaurant, Sascha told about his past in the restaurant business and then they grilled me on the subject of Australian women trying to find me one. Honestly, I'd love to find some good friends but I an not looking for anything more in Australian relationship.

Monday was one of the worst days of 2010. I haven't been in that pain since dislocating my collarbone when falling of a skateboard in 2002. I could barely turn my head and couldn't bend it backwards at all. I mostly just laid there either watching DVDs on my side or sleeping on my back. Usually I don't sleep on my back because... Well, have YOU ever woken up to the sound of your own snoring? So, the DVDs aside, Monday was a crappy day.

I felt better on Tuesday. At the mall I bought straight black pants to wear behind the bar as well as some socks, S4 of How I Met Your Mother (which didn't work in Sascha's European DVD player) and food. I took the train back and Sascha was already at the Lillydale station waiting for Ana.

Wendesday was back to work. We worked on Helmut's vines all-day long and I didn't have any sunscreen because I was stupid. It was nice to get the cupboard and after a trip to Coles with Sascha I arranged most of my stuff into it. My room looked good.

After Thursday's shopping it looked even better and now I should be properly entertained on rainy off-days and evenings after work. I've also decided not to get a laptop, because I don't need one here. I'll get a proper one with ä, ö, å, < and > when I get back to Finland. That $600 dollars now goes to traveling expenses and shopping at the end of my trip.

Today we set up the fences for the concert tomorrow. It was another warm day and we have to wear these bloody glow-in-the-dark vests so it's really warm. It's going to be a loong summer I reckon.

See yous guys later. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment