Monday, August 23, 2010

The Going Away Party

Yesterday, four days before my departure we held a joined going away party with Aki, who left for med school in Estonia this morning. The party was held at Kannas in (South) Central Helsinki. I were a little late for the party as I was preparing and burning a DVD as a going away gift for Aki. It's stuff we shot on an 8mm camera 6-7 years ago and that's all I'll say, cause we don't want the thing to go public (it's just so good).

When I arrived at the party fashionably late there was only one guest, a friend of Aki's, so I wasn't actually late at all and you wouldn't have known unless I'd just told you. Others were fashionably late too, but in the end a good portion of my friends and even some of my nicest co-workers attended the event. There were also some surprise guests, which was nice.

Notable guests:
  • My brother
  • My friend and co-worker LeBron
  • My friend and co-worker Llanos
  • My friends Valtteri, Pekko, Sanna, Anssi and Eve
  • My co-workers Kimmo, Anni and Sonja

Notables missing:
  • My cousins (Bono entertained them)
  • Our friend Urpo
  • My girlfriend (At the U2 gig, too)

I didn't take any pictures cause I don't take pictures in the dark, so this post is void of any visual aid. But take my word, most of my friends aren't that handsome anyway. I didn't get any going away gifts, but then again I wouldn't want to haul anyone's shit around the world anyway, so that's all good. U2 stole some of my guests and I was very tired after preparing Aki's DVD for most of the previous night after another evening on the town. So I headed to my girlfriend's place before last call.

Thanks to all the people who came and said farewell, those who missed it and feel bad about it can come see me at a special comeback party in May of 2011.

My next post might come from Hong Kong later this week, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment