Friday, August 27, 2010

Hong Kong - Day 2 / 3

I just wanted to give an upbeat update on my condition here in Hong Kong. I still miss home but having money in your wallet helps your spirits immensely.

I woke up at noon today. That's 7 AM in Finland but I don't think my jet lag is too bad. I headed to the ferries and sailed to HK Island. There I explored on foot and spent a long time at a Dymocks book store in IFC mall (just below the second tallest building in Hong Kong, IFC 2).

Next I headed to the Central to midlevel escalators, a shopping and dining area connecting Central with, surprise, supplies, Midlevel. What a name for a place. The escalator is the longest continous collection of escalators and walkways at a total of 900 meters. I went up, and then I walked back down.

After that I headed back east to visit Bank of China Tower. I heard there was a viewing platform but it was all just a big bank. I returned to IFC and the Dymocks where I finally found a book by Chuck Klosterman. After reading the first paragraph I bought it for 150HK$. I ferried back to Kowloon, bought drinks and checked my iPhone.

Symphony of Lights was at 8 PM so I headed out to see that. It was nice and all, but two of the buildings looked good while the others barely looked like anything. 15 minutes and a lot of wasted electricity later the hoards of Chinamen started to leave and so did I. Comfortably I strolled around for an hour after which I retreated back here. Now I'll shower and probably read my new book.

Tomorrow I'm going to HK Wetland park which should take a good portion of my day since it's 40 minutes away on the train.

I might write again tomorrow, take care my good readers!

3 comments:

  1. Oy chinaman! Kirjotan nyt suomeks ku kuitenkaa kukaa ymmärtäis mun englantii ;P Jätkä o kunnon russel crowe fighting around the world! Mul alko valalomat kans ankeis merkeis 39 kuumees (homo laivasto aukiin pääsin!) Tsemppii sinne, koht pääset pamauttaa Australiaan sielt sekunda Hong Kongist, koska faktahan on et ainoo oikee Hong Kong löytyy Nummelasta. Pärjäile siel, ja ootan sit täydellist australian murret ku nähää ;)

    OOO JOOOO!!!
    -Tiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meinaaks toi aliuspenskinkoulu sitä et pääset ehkä sinne Santikseen laters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. eiku suomenlinnaan mut joo :)

    ReplyDelete