Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Show Must Go On

So I've stayed the last six days at Cairns Beach House hostel. I've done arraingements, seen a couple doppelgängers and met a horseheaded Asian. I've walked, sweated, cried and talked. But I haven't found a job anywhere near Cairns. So...

I'm gonna go pick tomatoes to a place called Proserpine. If it doesn't sound very familiar it's because nobody's ever heard of it. The last tourists to pass through were seen in the early 1900's. The population is approximately 5000. It's over a 1000 kilometers north from Brisbane. And it's my home for the next 4-6 weeks! Yippee!

On the bright side the weather should be nice and the pay good so I might get to be a real tourist before 2011. So far my working holiday hasn't included neither; Work nor holiday. Only unemployment. Now I'll at least have (some of) the first part covered. My next job is already lined up so 2010 is shaping up to be an okay spring/summer down under.

After securing the job today, I went shopping with recently transferred money. I bought shoes, shorts and two shirts to be my working clothes. I also bought a lunch box and some snacks for my 10-hour bus trip tomorrow. Did I not mention that? My buttocks will hate me when I get back to Finland.

Tomorrow at 7:25 I'll leave Cairns and it's tourist attractions and at 6:00 PM I'll arrive in Proserpine. And around 6:00 AM Monday morning I will slowly start to make my body a slave for the dolla dolla, holla!

My backpacks are packed so all I have to do is shower and try to get some sleep. Wake up is at 6:00 AM. Good practice!

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it'll either mean my fingers are too tired or that I'm dead.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment