Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Oh, I went there. Now if this was a news report it would start by telling the reader that I just got my RSA (Responsible Serving of Alcohol) certificate. Details about how this happened and why I got one would follow. Later on details about the RSA and the alcohol laws of Victoria would follow.

Luckily this is not a news report so I don't have to bore you with that. Instead I'll turn this post into an easy-to-follow list and some closing thoughts.

• An RSA is required by law for anyone who serves/sells alcohol. I paid $50 dollars for the course which lasted around 3 hours, including the test at the end
• I'm going to work for a wine company starting tomorrow, where I will -- among other things -- be serving wine
• I'm in Melbourne and it's cold here. I have to wear a jacket outside since the weather is like early spring in Finland, but without the melting snow
• It's also very cold inside. I haven't been anywhere this cold in regular houses since I lived in Alppila. I wear sweatpants, a hoodie and socks to sleep
• When September ends in Finland I will be meeting my future employer at 7:00 AM
• Daylight savings time begins between Saturday and Sunday
• I'm excited, though a little cold
• My plane trip from Brisbane went well. I finished the second to last Hitchhiker's story at Brisbane airport and completed my fifth Klosterman book -- all in just over a month -- soon after I arrived at the hostel in Melbourne
• Melbourne is a bit more expensive than Brisbane. The cheapest hostel would've been $20/night here. I'm paying $26. In Brisbane I paid $140 for a week, in Proserpine $175, in Cairns $18 a night.
• I have a tendency to type hostel with a capital H. It might have something to do with the movie with that name. These hostels seem safer and less horny than Hostel.
• That wasn't interesting or important
• Neither was that. Or this
• Moro? Moro! Get it here first! *Air guitar* 7-11, always something new.
• I'll tell you more about the Klosterman books in a future non-related post

Now, some closing thoughts. Hmm... Don't seem to have any. Oh, okay. I hate to admit this but I haven't been reading EuroBNTH even though it actually has three writers I'm interested in reading. These are Joonas in Italy, Toivo in Russia and Antti in... Now this is why I should've been reading. I'd recommend the blog but I haven't yet so maybe I shouldn't. Ah, why the heck not. Go read EuroBNTH at wordpress. Use those words and add a dotcom somewhere and I think you should find it.

I'll hit the sack and when I wake up the longest September -- at least it felt long -- in my life will be over. My August was actually the shortest one on my life. Or tied with 2008. Anyway, I'm getting picked up at 6:00 AM so it's night-y night for me.

Details about my job and why some people should also read Chuck Klosterman coming. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment