Sunday, November 7, 2010

Everlong [Acoustic]

(I don't think a blogpost can be acoustic. An unplugged blogpost is a handwritten letter to every reader. An acoustic blogpost is a podcast?)

I really don't update my blog when I should. Like last Wednesday. That's when I went shopping and spent more than $300 of my hard earned cash on plane tickets to Sydney and back, Freakonomics, a couple of DVDs, a couple of t-shirts etc. Five days -- or an everlong -- later all that doesn't feel too important. I went to the Eastland mall, shopped and saw The Social Network in the cinema. The movie made me feel a little sick about Facebook kind of like Super Size Me did to McDonald's -- even though it always makes me go Gorsky for Big Macs.

On Thursday I stayed home, watched Gladiator and wrestling on DVD among other things, got my hair cut and, stayed lazy.

Friday I worked by myself in the vineyard trying to get some color on my pale torso (didn't happen) and finished early. I ate pizza for dinner and spent $45 more on DVDs even though I should be saving.

Yesterday was a not-so-busy day in the restaurant but it still was busy in the bar, as it always is. I felt tired all day but I took really good care of the bar before going home so that today would be easier.

It wasn't. It was a shitty day and Sascha really got on my nerves. The crux of the problem is that we don't have enough staff so us full-timers have to work twice as hard and also keep the others busy. Well, I'm full-time two days a week and I've got less than ten days experience working in a bar in my whole life while the others have been doing their jobs for a year or a lot more. So I suck at my job, I know. But that's a big problem for Sascha too.

But I'm not going to care too much. I'll try to survive the next two weekends before my vacation to Sydney and if he keeps treating me like shit in December I'll gladly change scenery and get a job somewhere else. It's not my preference but being called a slow girl is not something I want from my roommate either.

After a walk to "Maccas" and a Mega Mac meal later I don't feel like crying my frustration away. Numb, maybe?

Now I have two days off and I plan to use my hard earned $$$ for food only. Maybe, just maybe, I'll go to the movies, but I'd rather stay home, chill out, sit outside reading and watch DVDs on the couch. On Tuesday I might get to watch some NBA too. The next days off I'm spending with my mother and after that I'm in Sydney so the next time I can just relax in or around Lilydale will be after the Blondie concert in December.

Seven more days of Everlong and I meet the person in whom I spent almost as much time growing as I will have spent abroad on this trip. I doubt I'll gain 3,960 kgs during these months though.

Stay fat friends,
Sakari out

PS. One day, don't remember which, I was reading a bunch of stuff I've written on the Internet during the years. The best stuff was amusing and I don't feel like I have written anything funny in ages. This blog seems more like a dull diary than an entertaining read. I don't know if it's the language, the subject matter or what, but that's what I feel. I'll try to liven up my writing in future posts. I'm aiming for more clever and funny stuff. I should only write after doing or something funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment