Thursday, November 11, 2010

What Becomes of the Brokenhearted?


There has been fun and there's been some heartache. Monday and Tuesday were a little boring and I felt bad mentally and physically and I'm not sure which one caused the other. Going to work at 7 am on Wednesday I felt worse than I had felt in a long time. But once the day got going I realized that working outside is a million times more enjoyable than working at the bar. Thanks to a badly slept night I was a little tired at the end of today's work but I felt better once I got off work.

Highlights: I got to drive the ute to Lilydale on Wednesday morning. Later John taught me to drive and use the forklift. AWESOME! Today, Sascha asked me to do inventory on his locked storage room. I liked that because I got to actually use my brain to organize something and to do it properly. Tuesday night I watched some television. Going head-to-head were the Miami Heat vs. Utah Jazz overtime game and the premiere of Conan, Conan O'Brien's new late night show. I saw the best parts of both ie. Utah's comeback with a flurry of threes and the opening monologue of Conan. Today's lunch was awesome too.. It was a Parma, which in my estimation is a chicken schnitzel type of thing but with extra tomato under the crust on the file. Yum-may! Rounding out things the funniest thing in a long time was that picture of a license plate I took (it's okay if you don't get the joke).

Okay stuff: Richard came over yesterday and we sat outside talking. Had he not come I might have gone to the cinema with Boaz to see Paranormal Activity 2. On Monday I watched Insomnia. I'd totally forgot about the movie. I was most pleasantly surprised by Robin Williams performance and the simple but unorthodox plot. Oh, and Chris Nolan interviewing Al Pacino was a great extra. On Monday k finished The Wire's fourth season. I still think season two's the best so far. Also, I saw the biggest ants I've ever seen today.

Lowlights: I hate Sascha. He just annoys the hell out of me. In comparison, I actually like talking to Ana now.
1. He thinks that he knows me and makes snap judgments about my working style.
2. He thinks he's funny, but mostly it's the bad kind of unintentional, pathetic funny, if that. Or it's just plain annoying.
3. He speaks really shitty English, with sentences formed like the German language. He almost ruined Richard's visit by talking too much.
4. It might be because of his shitty English, but he uses a lot of superlatives -- "Australia is the worstest blah, blah" SHUT UP!!! -- and makes a lot of end-of-the-discussion statements. He must have said "that's the problem with Rochford" on at least three different subjects. He should learn to use phrases like "In my opinion", "One of the..." and "It might be that" and so on and so on. But now, he's just an asshole nobody disagrees with because he's the boss.

Or nobody disagrees with him because his opinion doesn't matter and he's a foreigner with horrible English. In my opinion, one of the reasons might be just his holier than thou Republicanlike worldview that makes him talk like that. But what do I know? BTW, he's also rubbed Boaz the wrong way lately. Not that I need support for my opinions but it's nice to know that someone else has noticed the mistreating ways of an asshole.

Oh, and I still have to live with him...

His weekend assessment of me did lead to him giving me an enjoyable assignment today, so it's not all bad and I'm sure my annoyance with him will dissipate in time.

In other news it's three more days and my mom will come to Rochford, from where she'll take me to a hotel in St. Kilda for a couple of days and we're also going on a Great Ocean Road tour on Monday.

I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I dig this blog, Z.

    Sometimes feeling like a loser here in Italy with my suprisingly strong symptoms of homesickness, and yes, occasional heartache. Loving the exchange period overall though.

    Anyways, it warms my heart to hear from someone with (maybe) similar thoughts. Given that you reside way way way farther from home than Yours Truly.

    Also, being a working class hero down under sounds very cool.

    Btw, aren't you afraid that your co-workers find this blog? I mean a lot of the stuff concerning them is quite.. sensitive (=hilarious). Just curious.

    Increase the peace.

    J Shore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not scared. They can't find me on Facebook, I'm not telling them the address and nobody haves any idea of my last name. They'd have to find it out and google me. I don't think anyone's that interested.

    Thanks for reading,
    Sak

    ReplyDelete
  3. näääh, ei kakkoskausi oon paras. liian vähän mustii miehii. -v

    ReplyDelete