Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Save It for a Rainy Day


Hi World,

Just as I feared, I haven't had a day off since I last graced your lives with my blog writing presence. Nothing really special has happened so let's get right to the interesting part.

My mom is coming to Melbourne in less than two weeks! She'll grab from work on Sunday next week and I'll spend my two days off with her. That's four off-days and eight working days away still. Oh, and a week later I'm going to Sydney with the scary Brotherman, 2Pay, himself.

But that's in the future. Currently I'm tired and I'll go back to the past to illustrate why.

Friday was nothing special. Sunny day, worked on Helmut's vineyard all day. Saturday was boring at first but then I was a bartender at a 21st birthday function held outside in a marquee (a tent). It rained buy it wasn't cold until late. I mainly worked with Krystal who can be a bit of a bitch, but I respect her and Eva the new German girl. We had fun working together. More about her later. We didn't work too late and got to eat some delicious left overs before knocking off. The Car Show was cancelled because of the rain, which had already caused flooding in parts of the Yarra Valley and elsewhere.

David gave me a lift home and we picked Ana up after buying beer from a drive-in liquor store. Literally. A drive-in liquor store that's open all night. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if we had those in Finland. David brought a six pack ad shared it with Ana who invited David over. David talked about his family, mainly his troublesome brother and we had a good time. Sascha joined us too and we we just sat in the living room chatting until 11 PM.

Sunday was a quite busy bar day even without the cars and I worked with David. It was a busy day and went quickly but I felt very stressed. Fortunately David caught on and told me to cheer up and said that we are a good team. That made me feel better but it was short-lived.

Sascha called me and Eva to talk with him and he had a "suggestion". He thought that me and her should switch apartments. She's staying with Alex and Elizabeth and works in the restaurant everyday and not just two days a week like me. And I wouldn't have to wait for a lift after work if I lived close by. It felt like he was throwing me out for a German bias.

I took some cardboard out and took my aggressions out on the cardboards before putting them in the machine. I don't want to move, I thought. It's my home and if I lived on the farm I'd be a slave to Helmut just like Alex. If you know me, you would've seen that I was angry and tired when I came back in. Sascha said that it was my decision and I told him that honestly I don't want to move. And that was it.

Now, I was still angry because Sascha had thought this idea was so great that he'd suggested in front of Eva. There was no reason to have her know of the possibility if it's my decision and afterwards I just wished she didn't think I'm a total a-hole for not moving out. I actually like her and would like to spend some time with her but I'd have to be in love to sacrifice myself like that. I've since talked to a couple of people about it and they agreed that Sascha shouldn't have involved Eva and that I have no reason to get out if I want to stay. We even talked about our arrangements with Sascha yesterday and it's all water under the bridge. Now if they would just watch movies that without German audio -- seriously, watching The Dark Knight with German dialogue. Retarded and just stupid, am I right? -- we might actually start having some fun together.

Monday I went back to work thanks to a lift from Boaz and even though it was a busy day in the restaurant I grabbed my jeans with me as "Helmut insurance". Smart move, since I worked outside all day with Richard, who gave me a lift home and his two cents on the apartment/Eva situation. Sascha was already home and we talked before they watched 8Mile in half English, half German and I watched some Wire and 48 hrs., a violent action film starring Nick Nolte and a pre-Beverly Hills serious (and seriously good) Eddie Murphy -- The bad guy was Dexter's dad, James Remar!

It was Melbourne Cup today but Helmut requested me to work outside with Richard which was fine. I was too tired to deal with customers anyway. Another rainy day I remembered to bring my own rain coat today. I worked really slow today but I did see the biggest spider I've ever seen and a real live echidna digging for ants beneath the bushes. I took a picture and video which I'll try to upload a to YouTube and embed on the site later. He was pretty scared of noise but showed his pointy face when I was silently filming him.

Mercifully the day ended, I have two days off now and in 30 minutes I'm going to the cinema with Boaz, Bree, Louise and Natalie from Cellar Door to see Red, starring Bruce Willis and older actors. Tomorrow I'll do my part of cleaning around the house and then I'm going shopping ready to spend $200 or more for some pretty important stuff like un-ripped jeans and plane tickets to Sydney and back.

Have a good one, laters!

Ps. You can read this post on a sunny day too, but it's been raining quite a lot so saving it would get you in the right mood.

Pps. Thanks to the holidays, there were a lot of families with kids at Rochford. Makes me miss my niece and nephew and also makes me wish I'll get to be a father some day. Hopefully not before at least nine months after I've returned to Finland but, You know, eventually.

UPDATE: Just came back from the cinema. Go see Red, it's good, fun, over the top action.

No comments:

Post a Comment